Location: Eastern North Carolina
This Electrical Engineer is responsible for assisting the business in accomplishment of objectives by participating in the management of day to day execution of major capital and expense projects. Under the direction of the Engineering & Maintenance Manager, the incumbent is responsible to ensure all strategies, capital planning, engineering, procurement, and construction is done in the most safe and cost effective manner and assuring that capital projects comply with all Government and Company standards, policies, and regulation.
Purpose of Role
This Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing and directing all tasks and responsibilities involved with the successful and safe execution of capital, expense, and continuous improvement projects. This includes assisting in scope definition and in the development of the project execution plans utilizing FEL stage gate process principles to ensure all strategies, capital planning, engineering, procurement, and construction is done in the most safe and cost effective manner and assuring that all projects comply with all Government and Company standards, policies, and regulations.
- Ensure all EHS regulations, procedures are incorporated into managing projects. This includes but not limited to contractors, vendors, and consultants.
- Establish detailed project plans and metrics, work plans, schedules, resource plans and status reports. Identify project risk/gaps and create risk mitigation plans. Emphasis will be on HSE planning and compliance for capital projects.
- Analysis of process & design engineering, optimization, preparation of PFD’s and P&ID’s, technology packages, basis of design documents, basic design packages, equipment specifications, capital and operating costs estimates and SOP’s.
- Providing project leadership, work direction, and feedback. Influence the work of others to ensure project milestones and deliverables are met.
- Communication and reporting status to executives and all other key stakeholders e.g., Status Reports, Executive Briefings, etc.
- Provide Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) on selected business processes to assemble or provide input into the business case, including process improvement recommendations on quality, delivery, and cost.
- Negotiating supply and service contracts with 3rd parties.
- Providing technical support in solving issues in an integrated cross-functional team environment.
- Supervision of 3rd party engineering contractors and construction contractors.
- Provide analytical solutions to operational and maintenance problems.
- Prepare specifications for the procurement of materials and equipment.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed designs for process/control modifications and new technology.
- Manage capital and major maintenance projects including schedule cost control, manage installation and commissioning.
- Prepare contract documents and contract administration.
- Carry out equipment inspections and surveys as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of direct management
- Ability to coach, counsel and hands on with leadership capabilities to direct the work of others.
- Strong organizational Skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read blueprints and other diagrams
- Excellent computer skills with computer-based maintenance software such as SAP, MS Office and scheduling software. The ability to utilize AutoCAD is an asset.
While performing the duties of this job, there is exposure to fumes, moving mechanical equipment, mobile equipment, energize electrical equipment, vibration, noise, significant traffic while traveling across a large manufacturing work site and exposure to a variety of outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with employees, management, vendors, contractors and other individuals. The position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried exempt position. The normal work week is 40 – 50 hours. Days and hours of work may vary and additional daily or weekly hours may be required.
There may be some travel to vendors which will be project dependent.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in an industrial mill setting as an Electrical Engineer. Experience on projects with an operating company or engineering firm as part of a team is considered an asset.
- Experience in construction management and/or maintenance experience in industrial/process plant environment
The client is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Submit your resume to: email@example.com